There are hundreds of ways to celebrate a birthday, but for you nothing is better than chips, salsa, and a pitcher of margaritas. With a group of families and friends, you look forward to a relaxing evening celebrating another trip around the sun.
Local Mexican restaurants provide a great place for people to celebrate both big and small events in life. Places that offer authentic Mexican dishes serve up not only a tasty meal, but also a sense of an important culture that is increasingly an important part of this nation’s economy. As more and more people with a Mexican background look for places to eat out or grocery stores where they can purchase their favorite ingredients, it should come as no surprise that there are more options. In fact, the latest research indicates that as many as 75% of consumers are looking for new flavors in ethnic cuisines, and 66% want bolder flavors and unfamiliar foods.
Whether you are celebrating your 21st birthday with a pitcher of margaritas and a group of friends, or you are just looking for a new recipe to prepare for your family, you might be able to find the answer in a Mexican restaurant or a Mexican grocery store.
Consider some of these facts and figures about Mexican cuisine and the impact that it has on the nation’s economy:
- 71% of American households use Mexican ingredients and food.
- With a 42% share of ethnic food sales, Mexican food continues to be the most popular ethnic food segment in the U.S.
- There were 38,000 Mexican restaurants dispersed all across the American landscape in the year of 2011.
- Mexican cuisine, it is believed, was derived from what the Mayan Indians prepared as far back as 2000 years ago.
- Salsa has become the number one condiment nationwide. In fact, it now surpasses ketchup and mayo, what many think of as the most American of all of the condiments. In addition, tortillas have been outselling hot dog buns since the year 2010.
- Currently, there are 67,391 restaurants in the U.S. that serve a burrito.
Visiting a local Mexican restaurant on a warm summer evening is a great way to create memories with both family and friends.