It is no secret that people in the United States love their frozen desserts. The country produces about 1.5 billion gallons of the treats every year. Frozen yogurt has become very popular since it was first introduced just a few decades ago. There are now more than 2,500 stores that sell frozen yogurt. If you are looking to start your own frozen yogurt business, there are some things you can do to help make it a success. From buying custom frozen yogurt cups wholesale to promoting your new shop, here are some tips to help you make yours a successful business.
6 Tips for Making a Frozen Yogurt Business a Success:
- Go for supplies that are customized. For most start up businesses there is a real temptation to go with whatever is cheapest. Sometimes that makes sense and sometimes it does not. Buying custom frozen yogurt cups wholesale does not cost you a lot more than buying generic frozen yogurt cups wholesale. The added price of the custom cups can be seen as being part of your marketing budget. When customers leave your shop with their frozen yogurt in cups that have your name and logo, they are promoting your business everywhere they go with that cup. Moreover, if you find a company to make up your custom frozen yogurt cups wholesale, subsequent orders should be cheaper. This really is worth the extra cost.
- Showcase the benefits of eating frozen yogurt over other frozen treats. Nearly 90% of all American households enjoy frozen treats on a regular basis. The reason they often go for frozen yogurt over gelato or ice cream is that it is a healthier option. Promote the health benefits that your frozen yogurt has over ice cream. If yours has active cultures, that is a big bonus. Make sure at least some of your toppings are healthy. Have fresh fruit and nuts to add. Have suggestions for healthy and tasty combinations.
- Your store needs to be cleaner than clean. That should go without saying for any establishment that serves any kind of food. If you store your frozen yogurt cups wholesale in a place where they can get dirty, you will end up serving your product in bad cups. You need to make sure your dining areas, if you have them, are spotless. The bathrooms need to be kept up. Unless you want to fail a health inspection, you need all of the equipment in the back to be as clean as can be. This is just good business sense. It also makes a big difference for ice cream and frozen yogurt shops because if the equipment is dirty, bacteria can grow. That bacteria can make people sick in a worst case scenario and just make the product taste bad in a best case scenario. The bottom line is that everything needs to be cleaner than clean.
- Be generous with your samples. People love to go to frozen yogurt and ice cream samples. It really helps to have your staff know what flavors taste best with the toppings you carry so they can make suggestions. People who get to taste your great product are more likely to buy it and to tell their friends. This is not the time or the place to be stingy. Give people samples and reap the rewards.
- Have interesting flavors. While it is true that vanilla is the most popular ice cream and frozen yogurt flavor, nearly 30% of all consumers in the United States say they prefer it, there are other flavors out there. Keep up with the trends and give your customers some options beyond chocolate and vanilla.
- Market your business on social media. Have deals for people who follow you on Twitter and like you on Facebook. This may not seem like it is a tactic that it specific to frozen yogurt shops and it is not but it is a good way to reach people who are on those social networks.
Running a frozen yogurt business is fun. It can even be fun to see the custom frozen yogurt cups wholesale when you are out and about. Once your shop is up and running it will be very rewarding.