Blog Logo
  • Blog Slide
  • Blog Slide
  • Blog Slide
27
May 17
Last Updated on 27 May 2017

How Do You Take Your Coffee?

Disposable coffee cups with lids and sleeves

How often do you think Americans drink hot coffee? Do they consume it every day or only on occasion? Do they like it black? With cream and sugar? Or do they prefer it with steamed milk and vanilla syrup?

When Americans Like Their Coffee

Recent surveys show that 30% of Americans just drink hot coffee on occasion. Breakfast time, for example, is when most coffee is consumed, with 65% of it enjoyed during the morning hours. Coffee is also poured between meals 30% of the time, and the remaining percentage tends to accompany lunch or dinner.

How Americans Like Their Coffee

On average, Americans drink about 1.64 cups of coffee every day. The typical cup of coffee tends to be about 9 ounces.

When having a cup of coffee, 35% of Americans prefer to drink it black. The remaining 65% of American coffee drinkers do like to add a bit of sugar and/or cream to their cup.

When they’re not drinking regular cups of coffee, around 150 million Americans are enjoying espressos, cappuccinos, lattes, iced, and other types of cold coffee drinks.

Coffee Industry Highlights

Arabica and Robusta are the primary types of coffee consumed in America. Most of the coffee used in the specialty industry, however, tends to be the Arabica variety. Approximately 37% of the coffee consumed in the United States is specialty coffee, and it is considered to be of the highest quality.

In 2014 alone, the United States imported roughly 27.5 million bags of coffee. At that time, America was the world’s largest individual buyer of coffee. Currently, the United States coffee market’s retail value is believed to be worth $48 billion. The specialty coffee market’s value share is roughly 55%.

Independent coffee shops are known for their espresso-based drinks, and they sell 31% of these types of beverages to their customers, complete with a coffee cup heat sleeve. After espresso-based drinks, customers tend to request regular brewed coffee.

The Benefits of Drinking Coffee

Whether coffee lovers are grabbing a cup on-the-go or are creating the time to sit down and enjoy a cup at a local cafe, some tend to keep an eye on their intake. While the reasons for this do vary, were you aware that drinking coffee has been shown to have cognitive benefits?

A recent study showed that drinking 3 to 5 cups of coffee every day can lead to a 65% decrease in the development of Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia. This is because it has been shown to prevent age-associated cognitive decline.

Since Americans love their coffee, it’s nice to know that they can increase their usual intake if they so choose. Whether coffee connoisseurs enjoy 1.64 cups a day or 4 to 5, it will most likely continue to be their beverage of choice whether it’s served hot or cold.

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Buy Local – Stay Healthy

Thanks for visiting our site. There are so many reasons to buy local healthy food. We bring you news and information on buying local and staying healthy. We also run articles on related topic and bring you weather and financial information.

Local Foods

Healthy Food News

Calendar

May 2017
M T W T F S S
« Apr   Jun »
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
293031  

Archives